International Son’s Day
What day is it?
Family holidays are extremely important, because they give an opportunity to get closer to parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, etc. International Son’s Day is one of these holidays. This day is not an official holiday and is not marked as a holiday in the calendar. However, the children look forward to this day. It is worth saying that International Son’s Day is an opportunity not only to create a real holiday for a school-age son, but also to congratulate an adult son. And this is also an opportunity for different generations to gather at the table.
How did the idea of celebrating the International Son’s Day come about?
There are many versions of the beginning of this day. The birth of a son in any family, regardless of culture, nationality and religion, has always been a great event. Every father aspires to have a son first of all, because a male descendant is a valuable continuation of the family. In addition, in the future, it is the son who takes responsibility for the whole family.
A special attitude towards male children is observed in Islamic states. As for other countries, in Japan, before the Second World War, Boys’ Day was already celebrated, which later received the status of Children’s Day. On this day, colorful flags were hung over every house. The more flags – the more boys in the family.
Son’s Day is celebrated on different days in different countries. However, November 22 is an opportunity for everyone to join a single, international day.
- It has been proven that sons who have a strong bond with their mother grow up to be more responsible and successful. Numerous studies have confirmed the fact that intelligence is inherited by boys from the mother’s side.
- In the 17th century, King Louis XIV issued a decree in which he ordered to clean the content of the books of Roman and Greek classics from all obscene expressions and make them more understandable for children’s perception. He did all this for the sake of his son. However, by the time the work was completed, his son was already 28 years old and a father himself.
- Italian scientists say that couples who want to give birth to boys should choose the autumn months for conception. They justify their version by the fact that the air temperature at this time of the year helps to increase the concentration of spermatozoa that contain Y-chromosomes.
- The smartest boy in the world is considered to be Ganesh Seetam-palama. At the age of seven, he already finished school and successfully passed the university entrance exams. Ganesh became the youngest student, but he easily copes with the program.
- From the 15th to the 18th century in England, in order to instill responsibility in the heirs to the throne, they were allowed to play with only one boy. The peculiarity was that this kid was punished for the fault of the prince. Seeing this, the representative of the royal blood stopped his mischief and continued to behave well. That’s where the expression “whipping boy” came from.
Frequent Questions and answers on the International Son’s Day
This bright family holiday is celebrated like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. On this day, parents have the opportunity to congratulate their sons, show how important they are to them.
What to give a boy for his son’s day?
The gift depends on the age. You can buy an interesting toy for small children. If the boy has reached school age, then he will definitely like a constructor or some interesting game set.
Teenagers will be happy to receive a radio-controlled toy or accessories for their favorite gadgets.
Gifts do not have to be expensive. Even a cover for documents, a wristwatch, or a stand for a smartphone will make the culprit of the holiday happy.
You should also think about gifts for sons who have come of age. It can be a symbolic gift or something that stirs up childhood memories.
A loving and caring mother can please her son with a useful gift made by herself. It can be a knitted scarf or an embroidered shirt.
A gift related to a hobby will be a win-win:
- If your son is fond of fishing, you can give him spinning or silicone baits.
- A car enthusiast will be pleased with a rearview camera, a new radio or a seat heater.
- A lover of sports and an active lifestyle can be gifted a certificate for horseback riding or skydiving.
🎁 Gifts for International Son’s Day
|Soft spiral toy|
|Play center-walker 4 in 1|
|Designer. Steam locomotive (59 parts)|
|Designer. Police station (743 details)|
|Board game Sea battles|
Postcards and holiday greetings for International Son’s Day
“Today the whole world is celebrating the International Son’s Day. Therefore, accept our sincere congratulations. We wish you to bring into the world those traits that your parents instilled in you from a young age – sensitivity, kindness, justice and courage. Continue and protect your family, your Motherland. And even if not everything in life will be successful, even in the most difficult moments of sadness and despair, remember that you will always remain the best and dearest son in the eyes of your parents.”
“Dear son, today is your day, your holiday, so I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart on International Son’s Day! I am honored to be considered your mother, I am proud to have given birth to and raised you. I wish you all the best! May your life always be sunny, your mood joyful, and your family and friends love and appreciate you.”
“Congratulations on International Son’s Day. Your parents can not only love you as their son, but also be proud of your achievements and merits. With your life, you proved that all the warmth and efforts that your father and mother invested in you were not in vain, but bore great fruit. You have become the glorious heir of your family, a brave and courageous man. I wish you luck, health, love. Continue to listen to your parents’ sound advice, because who else wants the best for you.”
How to celebrate International Son’s Day?
For Ukrainians, this holiday is somewhat new, so the traditions of its celebration are not yet fully formed. But it can be celebrated like any family holiday. After all, the appearance of a son in a Ukrainian family is an important event in the life of every father and mother.
The son continues to be the heir and successor of the family. He must become the protector of his family and the entire nation. This can be emphasized during the greeting.
If you want to congratulate an adult son who already has his own family, then this is a great opportunity to invite your son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren to the festive table.
If we are talking about children’s sons, then there can be many ideas for the celebration:
- Have a fun day. Today there are many entertainment rooms for boys. They are usually located in large entertainment centers. There, children can play various slot machines, ride cars, watch a new cartoon in the cinema.
- Set the festive table for my son and his friends. This can be done both at home and in a coffee shop. Children love to spend a lot of time together not only playing games, but also eating all kinds of goodies.
- Spend the day at home, order a pizza, bake a cake and watch an interesting family movie.
- Recreation. A father can take his son fishing, hiking, or come up with any other interesting activity in nature
How to spend Sons’ Day is up to you. The main thing: surround dear people with care and love – and you will see how this day will be filled with positive emotions.
Why is this day important?
International Son’s Day is another great opportunity to put aside your everyday affairs and spend more time with your family.
After all, the modern world dictates a strict rhythm of life, when you have to be on time for everything, cope with everything, and there is practically not enough time for loved ones.
Modern people need more holidays like this, when you have to stop, think about each member of your family and spend a wonderful time with them. It is these moments that are stored in the memory of every child and remind of the warmth and coziness of the home atmosphere.
When will we celebrate International son’s day?