There are a lot of holy days and nights in all the religions of the world. Muslims have different significant dates through the calendar but the most important date since 610 AD has been the so-called Night of Power or Destiny. It is Laylat al-Qadr. What does it symbolize? Why is it so important for Muslim people? When is Laylat al-Qadr in 2019?
The history of the festival
This holiday goes to life and doings of Muhammad, the greatest prophet of the Muslim world. In the beginning of the 7th century of this era the man passed his meditation. It was his favourite act. He usually left people and went to remote, sole territories and prayed near caves.
That night a pray took place in the mountains (Hira). At night he saw an angel who appeared before him. The angel named himself as Jibril and said that Muhammad was chosen to be Allah’s messenger. The vision took place when the man was forty. That night he realized he became the prophet. Laylat al-Qadr was the night when the main thought of faith was given to people through Muhammad.
The prophet got the first notification of the Qur’an. The angel dictated its main points to Muhammad. But the written variant of the book appeared only when the prophet died. The historians suppose that it was made with all the papers that the Muhammad followers had done. His listeners separately created the parts of the Qur’an and it was impossible to elicit the exact order of those revelations. Some people just prescribed the speeches on the same papers making long abstracts. In some of them different occasions could be followed.
The meaning of the name, Qur’an has got different explanations. Some scientists think that it means “Read”, other prefer to state it means “scripture reading”. Nowadays Laylat al-Qadr has a great importance through the whole Muslim world. It usually takes place during the 27th night in Ramadan. But the order of the holiest night depends on the Will of Allah. When is Laylat al-Qadr 2019? The calendar says it will be on 2, June.
The main facts of the day
There are a lot of significant facts of the day but the most interesting can be elicited. They are:
- The story says that this night is more important and valuable than other days and nights. It values for thousand months (Allah’s words).
- The first part of Qur’anis devoted to the explanation of the value of Laylat al-Qadr. The people are taught how to worship the day.
- Every year the Muslims follow the signs of the stars, moon and weather. There is usually a moderate temperature, peaceful moon and stars. The day after Laylat al-Qadr begins with the Sun without rays, just a disk.
- It is a belief that the first sentences were given during Laylat al-Qadr. The other chapters of the Qur’an were presented to the prophet by Angel Jibril later. He was Muhammad’s guide through Muslim religion during the next 23 years. Angel Jibril is considered to give all the verses to the prophet.
- Muhammad prayed for many days. That night was the same. People try to do the same. They follow the tradition of 10-days praying being alone. Laylat al-Qadr is the night of the truth search.
- Muhammad did everything to encourage his own family for praying.
- People say that all the previous sins will be forgiven if a person keeps a tradition of praying through the whole night and fasting during Ramadan.
- There is often raining during Laylat al-Qadr or next day. It is the sign of a good will.
- Fog and the lessening of sunlight are mentioned in Qur’an.
- It is considered that this day a lot of angels including Jibril make great acts of help to all the destitute people.
The holiest night hasn’t got a strict date. If a person wants to come to Muslim country during Ramadan and Laylat al-Qadr, it’s better to ask the internet “What day Laylat al-Qadr in 2019?”
The traditions of Ramadan and the Night of Power
There is a tradition of annual moderation and enlightenment. It is during Ramadan. There are no bright decorations because the holy month is considered to be a religious event, not a festival. People are to feel a reflection of spirit.
Some Muslims use to decorate their houses with lanterns, crescents and lights. Other people prefer not to use the lamps. They light the homes with lanterns. This tradition goes to the old times when the lantern was the only way of lightening the house. The crescent is used as the main symbol of Islam.
People are to keep fasting during the whole month. It is a tradition to keep from eating, drinking or indulging in sex. Special attention is to be paid during the Laylat al-Qadr. The Muslim people pray the whole night. This procedure must help people to be forgiven for sins. There is a time of ten days during the last part of Ramadan. This period begins on Laylat al-Qadr. In 2019 it will begin on 2, June. That’s the answer on the question “What is the date of Laylat al-Qadr 2019?”
Another great tradition is reading Qur’an. It is almost an obligation. The Muslims think that Allah hears their praying, angels surround them and there is plenty of mercy. People usually gather and pray in groups. They go to the local mosques. Some Muslims prefer to stay alone during their praying.
Islam is known world-wide. The Muslims are considered to be very devoted to their faith. They follow the traditions with the strictness and bless Allah with open-heart. If a person of a strange faith wants to feel the spirit of Islam, he must know the time of Ramadan. He is just to ask the internet community “When is Laylat al-Qadrin 2019, calendar Muslim”.