Igloos and tents, caves and flats, penthouses and hostels – humanity invented many places for living. If one speaks about it, its size, beauty, and quantity do not really matter. The most essential is the feelings.
Staying at home revives warm and sweet memories from childhood, the smell of hot chocolate, mum’s hot cookies and stay forever in mind and soul. How many kind proverbs did people invent? My home is my castle; home, sweet home… People always searched the place for living, loving, and being protected. Despite, some among us still do not have any refuge those we call homeless. The time when is World Habitat Day in 2022 reminds citizens to respect every individual primal right to possess his own territory and the location for living. The feast has one more profound meaning that is to take care of Earth – our unique and common world.
The meaning of the celebration
What does National Habitat Day mean for Americans? United Nations, a global organization, has mentioned in its Convention of human rights that the right to a place of habitation is one of the most essentials for men.
The day of residence is commemorated all over the world the first Monday of October. It points human attention on the problem of shelter and convenient state of settlement for everyone. It wants to underline the importance of housing for every living creatures in the civilization. This festival is honored in many rich and poor countries of five continents.
Our society is developing very quickly last decades. The problem of housing touches not only people but also animals and the sea inhabitants which are also influenced by a fast course of cities foundation. This year, the US calendar reminds us that October the 5th is the perfect time to think and consider about when is National Habitat Day in 2022. It is also a moment to help a situation of residence donating some money or giving some pieces of advice for needful people. You never know what will happen to you tomorrow. Everyone has to get oneself in the place of displaced people. We must help them get home and roof on the heads.
What are facts and traditions of the anniversary?
World statistics show that today, Earth knows a big residence crisis. More than 1.6 billion of the globe inhabitants live in the most primitive life conditions, 100 million are homeless. That is this enigma has to solve because risks are grand. All humanity must unite and assure the convenient habitat locations for everyone. Moreover, one catastrophe is always leading another one. The bad situation with shelter involves an increasing level of poverty and social discrimination and crimes. Men become cruel and undisciplined without a place of domicile. The habitation remains an integral part of our world vision and the feelings of generosity, charity, friendship, and self-respect have risen especially at parental home. If a person is missing it, he cannot find its destination in the Universe.
Every year, the universal community chooses a slogan or a main theme for the day of shelter. They vary but the idea stays the same – it is to offer everyone the possibility to have a residence. October 5th, when is International Habitat Day in 2022, proposes some purposes that are as follows:
- To think about the bad situation with residence all over the world. Try to solve the problems by appropriate ways.
- To do some efforts and to help to change the attitudes toward the need for housing for everyone.
- To set up social programs and to give the poor a good and safe place of living.
- To respect and to appreciate the people’ freedom for domicile.
- To rebuilt old and ancient buildings in order to create new locations for habitation.
- Keep in order green parks and forests for the reason to make their natural inhabitants’ life peaceful and long.
- Survey the state of urban zones, maintain their clean and sanitary conditions
- Protect the environment as our common home
The history of the feast
As it was mentioned before, the United Nations (UN) was the initiator of the public holiday. The institution announced its eminent Convention on human freedoms and basic needs in 1986. Since this time, the holiday of homes started to exist. Every year, the anniversary is provided by numerous international parties and events, involving more than a million of people. The creators even proposed to create special symbols of the day out. There are two variants of it: one is a wreath with olive tree branches and another looks like a figure of a man standing in front of a triangle.
United Nations has founded a Human Settlement Programs in 1989. This membership in its turn established an award – the Habitat Scroll of Honor. It is the world’s most precious prize. It awards those who make the great contribution in such spheres as residence provision, the quality of city lives and the developing of relationships between different social classes.
The definition of the Habitat Day in 2022
Speaking some more about what day National Habitat Day in 2022, we are invited to aid national and local organizations in the preparation of the party or a special event. There are many possible ways of spending this day with big profit not only for citizens or animals without shelter but also for you, too. If you want to do something good for your neighbors or just for someone you even don’t know, be sure that if some very bad times come, you will also obtain some aid from nowhere.
1. The first step is to find out if there are any people without a home or even abandoned animals on your street or at nearest locations. You may help them by finding a temporary shelter, by giving some money or encouraging them that everything will be OK. It also includes the cases where there are difficult housing conditions for children and women, disabled or poor people. The most important aim is to support them, especially this day.
- Next step is to provide the full list of possibilities, especially for homeless. Social services may propose some job offers for these people or take some recommendations – all for their fast accommodation.
- If you are a real nature-goer and you prefer open air activities, celebrating and considering what date is National Habitat Day in 2022 can offer a great chance to make an order in some abandoned green areas, parks, and squares. They are a shelter for men, women, squirrels, and hedgehogs. They will not accomplish their mission being full of rubbish.
- Furthermore, the feast of all habitations and its inhabitants in consecrated to create or find the best places for living. New technologies as solar panels, modern systems for house planning may make a big profit of the day. While arranging your living area, do not forget to decorate your old one by planting some trees and bushes, flowers and exotic plants.
The time is not only for the interior and for inferior sphere of your domicile. Make it vivid and joyful, never close it if somebody is on troubles, invite friends, make parties, celebrate every moment of life. Be grateful and thank God for your own home.
As you see, the holiday has a great importance for all humanity. Protect the environment, our big home and take care of your houses and flats.