In the contemporary world the answer to the question “When is National Walking Day in 2018?” can be interesting for people, belonging to quite various nationalities, professions and social status. But what about you, do you personally, how to reply it properly? – No? – Oh, please, don’t be upset, as now we are going to discover this matter in details and to give you a great amount of various clarifications and explanations. Are you ready? – We are starting?
Of course, we understand that discovering the subject, what day World Walking Day in 2018 is, we should tell our readers more about the historical dates of this memorable date appearance. We know it for sure, but in practice, we have been able to discover something really substantial about the first Wednesday in April.
The information about the establishers is also unavailable. And it is a real pity in fact. The only interesting moment is that initially the holiday was organized more than 10 years ago in 2007 by the representatives from the American Association, dealing with Heart efforts. They wanted to promote healthy lifestyle and the way of living.
What does National Walking Day mean? Oh, frankly speaking, it is mostly up to you to decide, whether to celebrate this day or to forget completely about its existence in the calendar.
All in all it is the easiest and most accessible form of physical activity. This activity brings tremendous benefits to the human body. Many doctors believe that it is more useful than running and other physical exercises. In addition to the invaluable influence on health, this action has extremely favorable affects a person’s psycho-emotional state.
Contemporary people are often interested how long the walking tour has to last and where it would be better to go, so we are really glad to give you professional replies.
It should last at least 30 — 40 minutes. But if you have not done it for a long time and a 30-minute walk is problematic for you, then start with shorter walks, gradually increasing their duration.
There are any principal recommendations of specialists about the timing of walks. But they are sure that evening walks will have a positive effect on sleep.
By the way, have you ever heard that it is considered to be one of the best assistants in the fight against excess weight? Choose interesting routes and it will bring a lot of pleasure, burning extra pounds and helping to form a beautiful figure and to improve health.
Talking about the subject devoted to the matter “What is the date of National Walking Day 2018?” we can’t but mention the advantages of this kind of activity.
So its benefits are the following:
- During it the blood moves more intensively through the vessels and enriches all internal organs without exception with a large amount of oxygen, which has a favorable effect on the entire body.
- This action helps to cope with the diseases of the cardiovascular system, strengthen the blood vessels and heart.
- Walking helps reduce cholesterol.
- It affects very favorably the respiratory system in general.
- The people, who move much, reduce the risk of diabetes in their organism significantly.
- The digestive tract works faster and better digesting food and helping to remove toxins from the body.
- It has a positive effect on the joints, bones and spine, hardening them much and increasing immunity, which helps to resist colds.
- People, who are walking much, have better eyesight and are in good shape.
For successful weight loss it is recommended to walk daily and make about 16000 steps, to maintain yourself in the form it will be enough and 10 000. Of course, such a number of steps are difficult to count and not to go astray, so you can use a special device that will do it for you. If you do not have one, just take walks for at least an hour. Begin and finish it with a measured pace, and in the interval, stick fast enough — in 10-12 minutes you have to overcome about one kilometer.
When is Walking Day in 2018, calendar will remind you. And in accordance with specialists’ points of view, it is recommended to spend the first Wednesday in April doing this. Whether you will do it alone or in the company of friends, mates or even colleagues from work don’t really matter. But this time will give you a lot of positive moments, significantly slowing down the aging process, increasing the endurance of the body and being is an excellent natural antidepressant, relieving stress, cheering up and bringing a lot of energy. By the way if you do it with you children, it will help them to bring organization and discipline up.
All in all the experienced men and women are sure this activity is suitable for people of all ages and has no contraindications.
You can start your route along the streets or just outside the city at any age and not obligatory on holiday. By the way for the elderly, it is often the only available method of exercising, which helps to correct and preserve health.
But, please, mind the most important rule. – Do it regularity, regardless of the season and the weather. For most people, the first time is hard to force themselves to go out on a walk every day. Men and women who have passed this period, the activity gives a lot of pleasure and they no longer think their life without movement and wellness of this type.
Some people prefer to devote this day to something interesting and quite unusual, organizing the so called walking tours for large groups represented by colleagues, family members or just neighbors. You may discover some interesting in your native town, take a plenty of amazing pictures or to go along the bank of the river or lake. You see, this is a perfect way to relax after the work. Why to miss the chance then?
International Walking Day Facts
So, you have already known the answer to the question “When is International Walking Day 2018?” but we would like to give you some additional pieces of information, which seem to be rather interesting as well as useful.
You see, there are several rules for walking, which are aimed at maximizing the benefits of this type of physical activity:
- It should take place at a fast pace, but it is not worth «almost running». The activity has to be something like a good fun and doesn’t cause pain and intense shortness of breath. It is very useful to alternate the speed of movement from moderate to fast and vice versa.
- Observe carefully the principle of gradualness, especially if you have not practiced sports and exercise in general for a long time. That is in order to increase the load graduallythe first walk has to be at moderate pace. After that the speed and the time of it have to be increased. This will allow the body to reorganize.
- The head should be raised when walking, shoulders stay relaxed and lowered.
- Choosing an area for this type of activity, give preference to the hilly terrain.
- Smile as much as possible. It sounds crazy a bit, but it really works.
- When moving at a moderate pace you are burning about ten calories per minute. And in the case your exercises are regular and the body is already trained, then much more calories burned.
In general we want to remind that walking is the easiest and most affordable way to strengthen health! But it must be remembered that a healthy lifestyle is not only physical activity, but also proper nutrition, hygiene and a healthy sleep!