We all began our existence in a tiny world that is our family. It is the most comfortable and the most charming place in the world where there are mother and father, grandpas and grandmas. It is the very place where our dreams and feelings grow up, where we start discovering the world around. A little heaven on the Earth. Nevertheless, this harmony is very often broken… by divorce or separation. In this case, your mom or dad is starting living with another daddy or mummy. Even more, you are going to have one, two, three or more brothers or sisters. That is why one want to discuss for a while this phenomenon in humans’ life. US people draw attention on when is National Stepfamily Day in 2018 in memory of those who live in mixed families. Is it good or bad? Do we have right to judge divorced men and women who are trying to create a new heaven place for themselves? What consequences would it procure for their common children?
The meaning of the day
What does National Stepfamily Day mean for Americans? First of all, life is very difficult nowadays. People always make mistakes and if the divorce is one of them, it is not the reason of gossips and judgments. It is a tough moment to pass over and start a new happy living.
The day commemorates all stepfamilies who are building new relationships, new future, and new Universe.
This holiday has both positive and negative sides but the most important thing is the possibility to live in a full family, including mom and dad. Even one of them is not your own. Different situations make different familial ambiances but the feast emphasizes the importance of a social cellular for an integral development of personality. It is an amazing time to thank one if your stepparents for their help, care, and support, to share some problems with them, to celebrate your relations and discuss some urgent points.
UN Convention on Human Rights indicates the natural right of every child to live in a family. Nobody has the freedom to leave children without this important sphere. No matter, if it is a stepfamily. Why not? The example with Cinderella is not a rule, it is rather the exception. Parentage is responsible for kids, for their well-being.
If one touches the problem of these kinds of parentage in the world, according to the newest researchers, 60 percent of American kids live with stepfamilies. It is a challenge, yes, but maybe the problem is not as big as drawn. Thanks to those good-willing citizens who take care of young generation, it has all the needful stuff for a living. The holiday is commemorated September 16th and it is the time when is International Stepfamily Day in 2018. Parents unite all over the globe honoring new remarried ones who are trying to do their best to initiate the beginning of renewed existence.
The definition of the celebration
- Modern psychology often defines this new level of the pattern as “blended family”. Its members face many points and difficult stages.
- Starting living together, each member of household brings his feelings, lifestyle, and world vision. Everybody takes part in forming an original community. Thus, many discussions and quarrels because sometimes children do not want to accept other person’s behavior even if he or she does not do any wrong.
- The loss of comprehension leads to difficult psychological atmosphere. Children loose a desire to share their problems and find them in drugs, alcohol, and smoking.
- Kids may sometimes leave home escaping from the new environment.
- People start living in anger, tournaments, and fears.
- While one of the stepparents ends visits, a child can be confused with the number of adults. It may bring on many questions and cause the irritation or mixed feelings. Kids may even become jealous because, despite their young age, they perfectly understand what is going on.
- At the end, do you remember the fairy tale about Cinderella? The total injustice, which governed in the house of that poor girl. God saves us from it, but similar situations are very often nowadays. Be aware of it and pay attention to adolescents especially if they live under one roof.
From all mentioned above, one should confess the problems has many challenges.
The history of the commemoration
The US calendar has only one date when is National Stepfamily Day in 2018. Many world states also assure some events relied with the time on because each of them is to respect peoples’ freedoms. Moreover, there is an official organization protecting the divorced spouses. It helps them fight the crisis and difficult consequences. Its general aim is to make people live happy lives. Psychologists working there give a special help especially to those who cannot deal with their ex-partners. The specialists listen to people, give some pieces of important advises and let them share their pain and sadness.
According to the scientists, mankind desperate more often in new families than in separated. If you care offenses and grief with you all life long, you will never start living from a clear page. The main task to achieve is to provide some scientific assistance in relationships between the new couple.
What are National Stepfamily Day traditions and facts?
What is the date of National Stepfamily Day in 2018? In a matter of fact, one may accuse us in honoring the feast of broken couples. From one hand, it is a little sad festival but from another one, this time people are becoming new tie-bounded marriages. We all hurt challenges and during the celebration, they all must be resolved.
- Try to talk with you stepchildren until you find what is wrong for them and why are they sad. Loneliness never leads to good finish so discover their world and made them open your own.
- Discuss problems with your ex-husband or ex-wife because kids have the right to see their relatives in good mood. Try to not argue in their presence.
- Invite the present spouse to establish some familial rules to follow. If your marriage is facing hard moments but you really care about the person, ask for some professional supporting in maintaining the vivacity of your feelings.
- Plan a day out and gather all members of both families. Explain them your choice and opinion, and create the friendly atmosphere in your house. Give them chance to get with your new life order.
Traditions and facts of all countries unite their knowledge and experience in order to support the citizens. The official day accentuates on a thought that if people want to change something, everything is normal and natural in our society. It is worse to stay alone than to create a blended family. In one word, the feast is the very time to tell your stepparents you love them, thank about all they are doing for you, offer them some presents and spend a wonderful time together. Despite you love your native mom or dad, their second parent also deserves to hear kind things from you. Share emotions and feelings, give them your attention, love, and understanding. Invite your friends to your place and have a little party time together.
Celebrating what is the date of Stepfamily Day in 2018 must shine in every new relationships. It has to enjoy people and make life easier.