In the modern cuisines, which belong to different countries and communities all around the world, you can meet more or less the same ingredients. For example, potatoes, rice, milk and floor are among the most popular. But can you, please, answer the question “When is National Peanut Day in 2017?” It is a pity, but usually people are not able to do it even if you give them some time for thinking.
Frankly speaking, that is the main reason, why we have decided to discuss this matter together with you.
As you can understand, it is quite difficult to reply, what day National Peanut Butter Day in 2017 is, without taking into account the historical background of this special occasion. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to find out any information about the founders of this notable date as well as why this holiday is celebrated on September 13.
At the same time we can’t but mention that peanuts are considered to be the oldest crops on the planet. The Spanish conquistadors, the first of the Europeans came to the Inca country, to the territory of modern Peru, were somewhat surprised by the sight of a strange plant, which was highly appreciated by the Indians. Peanuts went to food, used for medical purposes, symbolized a high position in society, and also, in some cases, was a special substitute for money.
The ease of growing this plant and its unpretentiousness contributed much to its rapid spread all around the world.
Spanish merchants, who were appreciating all the advantages of a nutritious and at the same time cheap product, brought peanuts to the Philippines, and from there to Malaysia, China and India. The Portuguese seafarers also did not hesitate: the whole peanut plantations in Brazil allowed to organize profitable trade with Europe and Africa. A century later, in the 1600s, peanuts on slave ships moved to North America — due to its low cost, they were used as cheap food.
For the first time, vegetable oil from peanuts began to be produced in the 1890s in the USA. For this purpose, the ground pulp of the peanut was subjected to cold pressing. By the way the oil was a real success, especially appreciated by the chefs for its excellent taste and high profitability in use. Gradually, peanut butter became known in other countries.
What does Peanut Butter Day mean? Frankly speaking, it is up to you to decide, as some people don’t like this product and even don’t know about the existence of this holiday.
By the way it is interesting to mention that in fact, peanuts are not a nut, but a real bean. Botanists call it a peanut because it forms and ripens underground. Have you ever heard that adult peanut plant produces 40 pods, which then grow into peanuts, and during the ripening they migrate to the ground? From there they are dug during harvesting.
Peanut butter (unrefined) is produced by the cold pressing of the pulp of peanut crops. The oil has a rich, slightly sweet aroma and a reddish-brown color, and it also has a peanut flavor, respectively. This oil is a popular ingredient in many dishes of Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese and Korean cuisine. But refined peanut butter is often used in European cooking, and is very frequent and popular it is in American cooking.
So you have already known the answer to the question “When is International Peanut Butter Day 2017?” but what does this word mean in general? – According to the specialists’ point of view, “peanuts» occurs, probably, from the Greek “spider” or “net pattern”.
Peanut butter was initially presented at the Universal Exhibition in 1904 as a «new pleasure».
Also we can’t but mention that peanut oil is one of the edible oils with the highest combustion temperature: 230 degrees Celsius.
- This product is used for cooking by submariners, since it does not chafe even at high temperatures.
- Approximately 540 nuts are needed to make a 350 gram jar of peanut butter.
75% of American families eat peanut butter for breakfast.
- Peanut butter can cause severe reaction in people suffering from allergy to peanuts, including anaphylactic shock (from which you can die if you do not take action immediately). For this reason, peanut butter was banned in some schools.
- Americans spend an average of $ 800 per year on peanut butter!
- Cosmonaut Alain Shepard took a peanut nut to the moon.
- The Australian Adrian Finch has set a record, fixed by the specialized Guinness Book of Records, on throwing peanuts. In 1999 his record was set at the mark of 33.86 meters.
So you have already got the answer to the question “What is the date of National Peanut Butter Day 2017?” but do you know properly how to celebrate September 13? As a rule, the reply is negative, as there are no any special rules and customs.
Of course, it is not a problem for those, who want to keep this holiday. You can always invent something special and really interesting for all your surroundings.
But, trying to taste this product, mind, please, that like any butter, it may bring some harm to the consumers. The matter is that unfortunately, the peanut butter, that is sold in stores, has nothing to do with the present. Very often, manufacturers provide us with just a milled peanut mixture that is created with sugar and some kind of butter or an even worse spread. According to the specialists’ point of views, that such a «substance» contains different food additives and trans fats.
It is also important to consider that only small amounts of peanut butter can benefit your body, namely: it can take no more than three small spoons a day to eat: one — for breakfast and two — for lunch.
In order to not to hesitate in the product quality, you can cook it at home. To do this, take roasted peanuts and a little salt, put it into a food processor and cut a couple of minutes. And if you want a sweet butter, just add some honey.
Peanut Butter Day Facts
When is Peanut Butter Day in 2017, calendar will remind you without any problems, so it can’t be a serious problem to hold this special occasion if you really want to do it. But would you like to find out something really interesting about this product?
Here is our list:
- From agricultural point of view, the cycle of growing peanuts from the moment of planting to harvesting takes 5 months.
- The daily dose of peanuts for an adult is 20 nuts. Not more.
- A monument to peanuts is installed in the town of Plains, Georgia, USA.
- Products with peanuts in the US have been banned aboard the aircraft, because peanut dust could provoke a strong spasm in the bronchi and lead to death.
- From peanut protein, the best plant wool, called ardil is made, and also it is used in the production of plastics, glue and many other products.
- In the early 1900s peanut butter was considered a delicacy and served exclusively in the best cafes in New York.
- The appearance of peanut butter can be attributed to the era of the Aztecs, which grinded roasted peanuts in a paste.
- In our times almost all peanut crops in America goes for peanut butter production. Therefore, it is not surprising that March in America is recognized to be called «peanut butter month».
- The average American men and women consume at least three kilograms of this product;
- Have you ever heard about the existence of so-called Arachibutyrophobia, which is believed to be the extreme fear of peanut butter? People are afraid that this product may stick to the palate.
- By the way, do you know that peanut butter is very caloric: 100 g contains 884 calories. Due to high efficiency, it is often included into the athletes’ ration.