When is National Filet Mignon Day in 2022? – Well, we are almost sure that you are going to be rather surprised to find out about this holiday existence in the contemporary calendar. As a rule, the most part of contemporary men and women should admit and confess that they have never heard about it. Nevertheless it does exist and today we want to introduce it to you. Would you like to join? – We are starting!
Investigating the matter what day Filet Mignon Day in 2022 is, we wanted to find out something amazing about the historical background of the event. As a rule, contemporary men and women are usually glad to know the history of the holidays as well as the names of their establishers.
Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to discover the people, who introduce the occasion to the planet for the first time. However, most historians are sure that initially it was nothing but a successful marketing decision.
Despite the fact that many people associate steaks with American cuisine, the British were the first people to appreciate them at their tables. In the XV century the Britain locals were crazy of various kinds of steaks. For the first time, the method of this dish preparation appeared in the recipe book in 1490. The edition was collected and created by English chef Baltis Platinus.
The next three centuries were an era of popularizing steak along the territories of Europe and America. And certainly, the dish was improved carefully. In those cookbooks steaks were called beefsteaks, because of the sort of meat, which was taken for its preparation. The word steak itself came to Britain from Norwegian.
The British regarded the roasted meat as a sumptuous dish prepared for significant events. In the former times it was thought to be a dish of the aristocracy. By the way, have you ever heard the Steak Society, which was formed in 1735. It was represented by famous and wealthy people as well as the members of the royal family. Over time, the society was turned into a club with the same name “Club Steak”.
The recipe of the tasty meat preparation came to Germany, France and other European countries in the XVIII-XIX centuries. It was the beginning for the invention of different types of juicy steaks, such as Chateaubriand or fillet mignon.
What does Filet Mignon Day mean? – Well, are you really sure that we can answer this question instead of you? Well, it is only up to you to decide what holidays to celebrate and which ones can be forgotten without any hesitations. You see, we don’t know you personally and can’t even predict your attitude to the holiday like this one.
As you can see, among the representatives of the modern society there are a lot of men and women, who don’t eat meat. They are called vegetarians and it is not a great surprise that they are not going to celebrate the special occasion.
All in all steak is thought to be a portion of beef, which has been cut carefully across the fibers and after that fried over an open fire. It’s believed that the origins of the most part of modern meat dishes lie in ancient Rome, when during the sacrifices in the temples, the priests grilled large pieces of beef to lay them on the altar. Well, we don’t know whether it is a myth or a true, but we agree that this method of cooking is very old.
Talking about the question “When is International Filet Mignon Day 2022?” we can’t but mention the peculiar features of this kind of meat.
A lot of contemporary people consider fillet minion to be the so-called king of steaks. It is taken from tenderloin, which is the most expensive and valuable part from a unique muscle, that is practically not involved in motor activities. That’s the reason why fillet mignon or steak from tenderloin is the most tender meat imaginable.
The tenderloin is famous for its refined taste with a less pronounced beef component than in other steaks. If Ribeye and Striploin are good for a meal of some healthy guys, Tibuon is good for a country barbecue, then Fillet Mignon is perfect for dinner for two close people with a bottle of good wine or for a reception.
The thickness reaches 6-8 cm, but thanks to its marbling and amazing tenderness, it is prepared as easily and quickly as other steaks. This is the juicy, tender and most valuable piece of meat in a cow. Not surprisingly, it can cost quite a bit.
However, there are no backgrounds for being worried. The preparation of this valuable kind of meat is not difficult. In fact, once you understand the technology, you will be able to cook it without any difficulties. In addition the amazing thing is that this kind requires nothing but salt, pepper and a little oil.
When is Filet Mignon Day in 2022, calendar will surely remind you. As a rule, it is not a problem to memorize the date as the occasion is kept on August 13th annually. Are you going to celebrate this special occasion? – Well, it won’t be difficult in fact.
Initially, we would like to mention that you have two ways to do it properly. First of all, you can organize a party at home and to prepare as much meat as you like. Where is it better to have a gathering? – In the garden, of course. You can invite your friends, relatives or even neighbors. It would be unforgettable evening. – Meat, smokes smells and a good company. What could be better actually?
Other variant for celebration is going to the restaurant and trying something tasty. Nowadays there are a lot to amazing places, which serve tasty meat dishes. It is only up to you to choose. Have you ever tried filet mignon? – Well, even if you answer is negative, it is not going to be a serious problem. We are almost sure that you will find something beautiful for your choice. However, remember that all in all there are some degrees of steak roasting:
- 48.8 C = Rare (with blood)
- 54.4 C = Medium rare
- 60 C = Medium (medium roast)
- 65.5 C = Medium well (almost calcined)
- 71.1 C = Well done (calcined)
All in all this holiday is amazing. As a rule, it is an unforgettable experience for everybody. There are a lot of ways to keep it properly. Just choose and enjoy.
National Filet Mignon Day Facts
The question “What is the date of Filet Mignon Day in 2022?” would be incomplete without some recommendations as to the dish preparation. Here is a list of our secrets. You are free to use them. And they will help you to have a nice day.
- For rare roasting, put the steak to the “hot” side of the grill when the temperature reaches 43-46 degrees. Fry the meat on both sides, using particulat tongs. They will help you to turn the fillets over when needed.
- After that remove the fillet when its internal temperature is 2-3 degrees lower than necessary. The steak usually continues to be cooked even after it is removed it from the grill.
- Don’t forget to leave your future dish for 5-10 minutes before cutting it. Cover the steak with aluminum foil and leave for some minutes. Mind that a steak shouldn’t be cut immediately after removing from the grill. Otherwise, it loses much more juice than one that is allowed to stand for 10 minutes.
- When the steak is ready, all the muscles inside are in tension. They push all the juices inside the meat, where the fabric is not so tight because it is not so hot. If you cut the middle immediately after roasting, the juice collected inside flows out immediately, and as a result your dish will be dry and disgusting. If you give the fillet some minutes, the muscles begin to reduce and the juice from the center returns, distributing on the surface more evenly. You keep up to 7% of the weight in the juice if wait an additional 10 minutes after you finish cooking.
- Pepper the steak carefully. Many chefs add peppers after the steak is cooked because they do not want the peppers to burn during roasting. If you’re one of those who doesn’t mind the hot peppers on your Fillet Mignon, go ahead, you can pepper at the same time as the salt. If not, do it now, just before serving.