When is National Caramel Apple Day in 2017? This question has an easy answer – it is held on the 31st of October in the USA. This year it is Tuesday. It is funny that on the same day people will celebrate Halloween, which is pretty much known to almost everyone, especially children. But what do we know about National Caramel Apple Day and its origin?
This holiday originated when the National Confectioner’s Association started to sponsor it. This organization’s goal is to promote and advertise chocolate, gum, candy, and mints. The same can be told about the companies that are connected with the production of these treats. The organization is a great helper in understanding the role of chocolate in our life.
Caramel apples themselves have a very long history. The most popular kind of apples for making special caramel apples is Granny Smith due to their tart and crisp characteristics. Other kinds of apples do not have such a pleasurable taste when combining them with caramel. Nevertheless, in some cases, they may be used too.
Candy Apples first appeared in Arabian cuisine. The apple was candied not to make it more delicious but in order to preserve it longer. Americans borrowed this technology and developed it further, covering the apples into everything like chocolate, caramel, popcorn, and peanuts. Nevertheless, such Candy Apples are extremely popular everywhere, not only in the USA.
Meaning of the holiday
What does National Caramel Apple Day mean? People, who hear the questions like what day World Caramel Apple Day in 2020 is, wonder what this means at all. It is very simple because the holiday itself means that people honor and enjoy the great taste of famous caramel apples. However, to understand the meaning of the holiday better it is necessary to find out what a caramel apple is and how it is made. Another name for caramel apple is toffee apple.
Apples are normally put on a stick, and dipped or rolled into the caramel, which is usually hot. In some cases, the apples are rolled into various confections (like nuts, sweets, another kind of chocolate). Afterward, they are left to cool.
The caramel apples are normally consumed as the treats of fall because right at the same time the apples’ harvest is expected by many people. Coinciding with Halloween makes the holiday even better.
Definition of the holiday
When is International Caramel Apple day 2020? On answering this question it is possible to move further in the direction of the holiday’s defining. Certainly, this holiday cannot be considered a formal one. It is a holiday, which unites caramel apple lovers.
Some little kids expect this amazing holiday very much. The reason is that this day offers a great chance to try something really delicious. However, there are enough caramel apple lovers among the adults, which makes the holiday quite popular in the United States. It is interesting that this holiday starts to spread all over the world now.
The traditions regarding this holiday describe the way people celebrate it. It is evident that when people wonder what is the date of National Caramel Apple Day 2020, they want to know how to hold such holiday.
Of course on this day the greatest fun is not just to buy the caramel apple but to make it with your own hands. How shall you do it?
- The first step is buying the apple you like the most. The type can be various: Golden or Red Delicious, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.
- Then it is necessary to remove the apple stem and put a stick through the middle of the fruit.
- Afterward, you may move on to the buttering of a baking sheet. At the same time, it is possible to prepare the caramel. In order to do this, put milk and caramel into the bowl and leave it in the microwave for two minutes. After that, you should stir all that.
- After that, each apple is rolled into the caramel. It is necessary to watch that it is coated completely.
- After this, the apple can be placed on the sheet.
It is possible to add almost anything to the caramel apple. There is one more recipe of preparing the caramel apples. The recipe is a typical American one. As for the ingredients, you need 3 apples, preferably Granny Smith, three craft sticks (the lollipop sticks can also be a nice variant), 1 cup of light brown sugar, half a cup and one quarter of a cup of heavy cream, one fourth of a cup of corn syrup, one teaspoon of salt, one tablespoon of butter.
- A baking sheet has to be covered with parchment paper. To prepare the apples, put the stick into the core of every apple.
- The brown sugar, salt, butter, corn syrup and heavy cream have to be combined in a saucepan. It is cooked for ten minutes at the temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit. After ten minutes, stir the mixture.
- Apples have to be dipped into the mixture, rotating them at the same time so that they were covered completely by the caramel.
- The final step is setting the apples on the baking sheet.
International Caramel Apple Day Facts
When is Caramel Apple Day in 2020 (calendar)? When asking this question, people also want to know something more than just a date. Surprisingly, there a lot of curious facts connected with caramel apples in general and the holding of the holiday. Let us list the most interesting ones.
- The first candy apple machine was invented and, therefore, patented by Vito Raimondi in 1960.
- The slang name for soldiers in the First World War were cold toffee apples.
- In China, caramel apples are sold by the vendors riding the bicycle.
- Caramel apples and caramel candies are the different things.
- Guy Fawkes Day in England is celebrated with the caramel apples.
What do people also do on such a holiday? These recipes can be easily found on the Internet. Moreover, they are easy to cook. Besides simple caramel apples, it is possible to make:
- Sugar skull caramel apples;
- Salted caramel apple pie cookies;
- Caramel apple nachos;
- Salted caramel sauce.
It is also necessary to say that it is possible to celebrate the holiday just by buying the caramel apples. The most famous place to do it is The 3 Sisters Chocolate. They have an official website where it is probable to get acquainted with the wide selection of confections. Some people also celebrate the holiday by picking the apples right from the trees, because it’s time for the apple harvest.
Another way of holding the holiday is carving the apple. Use your creativeness and the process will be effective and entertaining! There also such events as Apple Tastings that are organized throughout the country. And finally, the most fun way to celebrate is organizing the Apple Party where you can invite your friends and prepare some delicious recipes for them.
In conclusion, it is necessary to mention that such holiday can be celebrated differently. Everything depends on the creativeness and your imagination. Be open to the new ideas and thoughts. It will help to make the most out of the National Caramel Apple Day, which takes place only once a year. The websites are about to help you in such an entertaining business. It is also possible to learn from the friends who have some experience in celebrating this fascinating and unusual holiday.