When is National Apricot Day in 2018? Are you ready to answer this question? We are almost sure, that you will reply negatively or even will be puzzled to know that the holiday like this exists in the contemporary calendar. However, meanwhile, it does exist in fact. Is it important? Well, decide for yourself. And while you are thinking about, we are going to explain you this matter in details.
Trying to explain the subject, what day Apricot Day in 2018 is, we have to tell you about the historical past of this unusual and at the same time rather tasty event.
Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to discover any information available about the initial establishers of this event, as well as the explanations, why we have to hold it on September 9th.
There is a common point of view that for the first time it was organize in the frames of the advertizing program, which turned to be successful.
What does Apricot Day mean? Sorry, but we are not able to answer this question instead of you. Why? – The matter is that it is only to you to decide, whether you like this fruits or not.
Apricots are called “fruits of health”. The substances included in their composition are useful in diseases of the liver, kidneys, and the cardiovascular system. According to its nutritional qualities, the fruits of the apricot can be compared with nourishing liver, eggs and butter.
Fresh “Armenian apple” is known as a real record for the content of of two vitamins A and C. Also we can’t but mention about B-carotene and a huge line of various vitamins, the most typical of which are РР, В1, В2, В5, В6, В9, Е, N. In accordance with specialists’ points of view, these things, especially the dried ones, are believed to be rich in necessary sugars. It simultaneously means that they are harmful for people, suffering from diabetes.
The fruit is also generous for different micro and macro elements. It contains a record amount of potassium, iron, boron, calcium, salts of phosphorus, and magnesium, as well as some varieties, which are rich in iodine. Such compounds as terpenes (myrcene, limonene, geraniol and others) and acids, provide the fruits a pleasant fruity aroma.
Studies have found that 100 g of ordinary dried apricots have the approximately the same effect on the hematopoiesis process as 40 mg of iron preparations or 250 g of fresh beef liver. It sounds really terrific, doesn’t it? All in all dried apricots are rich in potassium salts, sucrose, lemon, nicotine, salicylic and other organic acids. The yummy orange things contains vitamins C, B1, B2, P, as well as trace elements, represented by cooper, iron, cobalt and manganese. According to the content of carotene, apricot is not inferior to egg yolk.
Talking about the matter “What is the date of Apricot Day 2018?” we have to tell our readers about some interesting features of these yummy things.
Apricot in cosmetology has been used for a very long time and it is very suitable for caring the problem skin. We should tell that the means prepared on the basis of the fruit, normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands and purify the pores.
The oil has a high biological activity and is an indispensable tool for the prevention of skin aging. Its softening and smoothing effect was known even in ancient times. Today it is actively used in cosmetology. The oil can be used for any type of skin, especially caring for the skin in the fall. It is ideal for caring for tired, sagging skin with reduced elasticity and tone.
If the complexion is dull and the skin looks unhealthy, this remedy will help to cope with this problem, as it helps the keratinized scales of the surface layer of the skin exfoliate, renewing the epidermis. Kernel oil promotes the synthesis of elastin and collagen fibers, which is an excellent means of preventing skin aging.
Instant and effective influence of face masks, produced from apricots is explained by their unique composition, in which all sorts of nutrients work for the benefit of our skin.
- rejuvenating effect is introduced by organic acids;
- carotene usually moisturizes skin, if it is dry;
- retinol, which is against any sort of inflammation;
- with the help of silicon your skin will become elastic;
- folic acid usually covers the skin with so called a protective film;
- wrinkles are smoothed with ascorbic acid;
- potassium maintains the level of moisture at the desired level.
When is Apricot Day in 2018, calendar doesn’t forget to remind you any year. However, are you sure that you are able to celebrate January 9th properly? – We will help you, of course, if you like.
The best way to spend this day unforgettably is to cook something really special from these items.
Dishes with apricots are represented by jams, sweet soups and fruit salads, pilaf and ragout. It is also worth remembering about drinks: compotes, wine from apricot, etc.
Apparently, recipes with apricots are very diverse. In what form do we use these items? – In many different, in fact. It can be represented by dried, frozen and canned ones. We can’t also forget about items in syrup, as well as in their own juice.
The recipe with them in meat dishes is typical for oriental cuisines. In accordance with their point of view, the fruits give them a fruity taste and sourness.
An unusual recipe, which for sure you will like, if you are wondering what to do with apricots, is represented by pickled things. By the way, some people prefer to fry them.
Contemporary fans of the original desserts are advised to try these items with kefir, milk, curd, sugar and in chocolate.
Preparing dishes at any time of the year will be possible with frozen ones. The recipe from such apricots differs little from the recipe with fresh. So if you have a freezer, do not forget to save them. What to cook yet? From apricot you can make a fragrant sauce for meat and poultry.
National Apricot Day Facts
Talking about the question “When is International Apricot Day 2018?” we should give our readers as much useful information as it is possible. All of us seem to know that the fruit are considered to be useful, but what about the disadvantages of this yummy? Have you already heard about them? – Here is our list.
- The main source of danger is in the pit of the fruit. The matter is that the apricot stone contain amygdalin, which forms a hydrocyanic acid in the digestive tract. This is a very strong poison.
- Of course, if you take only some of them, nothing will happen, but a large dose guarantees poisoning accompanied by a throat swelling, nausea, weakness, headache, vomiting, and in severe cases – seizures and loss of consciousness.
- Some varieties contain up to 80% of sugar, which is a very dangerous dose for people with diabetes. For the same reason, apricots are also contraindicated in metabolic disorders.
- Apricots are not recommended for people with thyroid disease.
- Nutritionists also note that apricots shouldn’t be used by people recommended for use with reduced thyroid function and with hepatitis. Carotene, contained in fruits, in people with such a disease is not digested.
- Fresh fruit can harm people with acute gastritis with increased acidity of gastric juice, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. Also, do not abuse apricots for liver disease and pancreatitis.