When is National No Smoking Day in 2020? – Can you answer this question without any prompts from our side or without surfing the net? No? – Oh, don’t get upset, please! – As a rule, only a few people are able to do it, and this is in vain, as unfortunately, this bad habit is considered to be among the most wide-spread ones in the contemporary society all over the planet.
Today we are going to discover the situation in details. And perhaps, this article will help somebody to start a new life.
Discovering the question “What is the date of National No Smoking Day in 2020?” we can’t but talk about the historical background of this event. It would be quite silly from our side.
Initially the campaign was launched by as a charity one with the same name. The main office was arranged in London and the staff was consisted of four people. In the course of time this company was merged with the British Heart Foundation. It happened in 2011. They both had a great interest in human heath.
We have discovered the name of the founder. It was Duncan Bannatyne. Well, we are almost sure that you have already heard this name. Yes, it was nobody but a well-known creator of British American Tobacco in 2008. However, he considered himself to be a rather successful ex-smoker. One day the man understood that the full life is impossible without perfect or just proper physical condition, so he decided to help other people around.
There is a common point of view that this day he gave up smoking, but we are not quite sure about it.
What does National No Smoking Day mean? In fact, it is up to you to decide whether to celebrate this holiday or not.
In general a lot has already been said about consequences of this activity. Nowadays, even those who, despite everything, continue to take 10-20 or even more cigarettes a day know that they are in danger and the doctors have called the alarm for quite a long time and, in order to draw public attention to this problem.
Smoking is one of the main causes of the development of many lethal diseases. According to WHO statistics, about 6 million men and women worldwide die each year. The danger of this habit can not be overemphasized. When this harmful substance is entering the body, the nerve impulses that are responsible for the proper work of the most organs and systems are disrupted. The smoking consequence is the formation of multiple pathologies.
Discovering the matter “When is International No Smoking Day 2020?” we would like to talk about the seriousness of this situation. For example, do you know for sure what harm smoking brings to your appearance? – Let’s discover in details.
- In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, smoking can be dangerous for your skin. – Chronic hypoxia and narrowing of the vessel lumen lead to a disruption of the blood supply to the dermis of the smoker, as a result of which it is deprived of nutrients and oxygen. The skin becomes grayish and dehydrated, it looks haggard. Due to the loss of elasticity, the number of facial wrinkles increases, and other negative consequences of smoking occur.
- Contrary to the widespread myth that cigarettes help to lose weight, the distribution of the fatty deposits of the smoker deviates significantly from the norm: the fat is distributed mainly around the waist and chest. At the hips, the deposition decreases. There is a disproportion of the circumference of the hips and waist.
- Oral cavity. In addition to severe halitosis (bad breath), the effects of smoking are manifested by aesthetic defects: yellowing of the enamel of the teeth, staining of the gums. Smoking is also harmful for the oral mucosa: it leads to inflammatory diseases and even loss of teeth. Another aspect of the harm from smoking cigarettes is the violation of the acid-base balance of the oral cavity. It increases the risk of caries, cracks in the enamel and other pathologies. In addition, smoking harms the health of periodontal: more than half of all its diseases are caused by the consumption of cigarettes.
When is No Smoking Day in 2020, calendar will surely remind you. However, you should be rather careful if you want to be involved, as the date of this holiday celebration is not fixed. It is held on the second Wednesday in March. And in 2020 it will be on March 13th.
To tell you the truth, the events, which are dedicated to such an important event, are held at all levels. They are mainly carried out by public organizations.
In support of a healthy lifestyle various thematic festivals are held by the creative teams from different cities. Sometimes marathons are also organized and everyone can run several kilometers as a sign that they have already refused cigarettes and support those who do the same.
In the public houses, newspaper offices and libraries you can be involved into different activities. Documentary films about the harm of tobacco and demonstrations what can become with the human body, if not get rid of this terrible habit, are usually shown.
In the foyer of theaters, cinemas, in the corridors of hospitals and polyclinics, it is often possible to see exhibitions dedicated to this day. The exhibitions are often prepared by children who want to live in a healthy environment (and in fact more than 90% of smokers confess that they do not hesitate to light up in the presence of their children, thereby exposing them to danger).
All in all each region, city or even a small village comes up with its own ways of celebrating this day. But in fact all events will go to waste if everyone does not think about the fact that it’s time to get rid of the bad habit.
International No Smoking Day Facts
Investigating the matter what day World No Smoking Day in 2020 is, we would like to give our readers as many useful pieces of advice as it is possible.
Unfortunately, giving up tobacco is not as easy as it might seem at the first sight. And in fact if a person who has been addicted for many years, at least for a day, interrupts his/her “relationship” with cigarettes, it is perfectly well and no matter what day it is.
However, in the case you want to cope with the dependence easier, experts recommend using the following methods:
- If the smoker isn’t terrified by the figures of statistics, then he/she can play on the economic side of the issue. You see, every time buying a pack of cigarettes, it is necessary to write down its price, and at the end of the week or month it will be possible to calculate the total amount. As a rule, people are horrified actually.
- Gambling people are advised to argue with someone that they can refuse cigarettes for a week. If they hold on for a week, then, perhaps, they themselves do not want to start doing it again.
- It is necessary to find a useful occupation that gives pleasure, and replace the process of smoking with it.
- The date of refusal is better planned in advance. In accordance with the doctors’ points of view, in such a way the body will gradually begin to prepare for this and will not want to continue to ruin oneself as a result.
- It is worthwhile to analyze the life carefully and to understand what the reason for this habit is. Perhaps you will be able to exclude the cause. For example, many men and women smoke only when they drink a little alcohol or coffee, and after giving up these drinks, they can refuse from the cigarette accompanying them quite easily.