When is National Pneumonia Day in 2021? Can you answer this question? – Well, to tell you the truth only a few people are able to cope with this matter. The most part of modern men and women have certainly heard about the disease, but they hardly celebrate the holiday devoted to it. Today we are going to introduce you some essential pieces of information, as we find this event to be an important one for every person around.
Investigating the matter what day Pneumonia Day in 2021 is, we found out that the background of this special occasion may be interesting for our followers. Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to discover the exact names of the establishers.
However, we have already known for sure that since the moment of its appearance in 2009, as part of this date, the region’s medical organizations carry out preventive measures, interviews with patients, and thematic stands are designed.
Actually, most of the events are scheduled from November 12 to 23. Health Days are held, actions to promote a healthy lifestyle and smoking prevention. Announcements of events are posted on the stands of medical organizations. It is also always planned to hold a training video conference for doctors on the topic “Pneumonia. Diagnosis and management tactics on an outpatient and inpatient basis ”, visits of specialists of the Health Centers to organized teams in order to examine and inform the population about risk factors and preventive measures for this disease.
What does Pneumonia Day mean? Frankly speaking, we are not sure that we can answer this question instead of you. You see, it is only up to you to decide whether to celebrate this special occasion or not. To our mind, most part of contemporary men and women know about this dangerous medical problem, however, only some of them think about the importance of this date keeping.
Today we are going to remind you about the particular risk factors. Here is our list of the most typical ones:
- bacterial, viral or fungal infection;
- chronic diseases of the lungs, heart, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract;
- decrease in protective functions due to past illnesses;
- age-related changes in the body;
- smoking (tobacco smoke reduces the protective function of the respiratory system) and alcohol abuse;
- low motor activity;
- poor nutrition.
Talking about the question “When is World Pneumonia Day 2021?” we can’t but mention the peculiar features of this disease.
Pneumonia is considered to be an acute non-specific infectious disease. All in all, the term itself unites a large group of illnesses, each of which has its own causes, developmental features and manifestations. It often affects children under two years of age, adults over 65 and people with weakened immune systems. The medical problem is usually treated with antibiotics, but treatment is becoming more difficult every year, since most microbes are resistant to modern antibiotics.
The most dangerous thing is that it is not always diagnosed in a timely manner. For every 4th patient, it acquires a protracted course. Unfortunately, there have been more and more cases of atypical development of the disease: if this illness was previously associated with the cold season, now even in the warm season there is no guarantee to protect the organism. Over the past 5 years, the classification has changed: community-acquired and hospital-acquired cases are distinguished.
In world practice, a set of measures for the prevention of the disease has been developed: adequate nutrition, hygiene and vaccination, since pneumonia can occur not only as an independent disease, but also as a complication of pneumococcal infection. The pneumococcal vaccine is widely used in developed countries and saves the lives of millions of children every year.
When is Pneumonia Day in 2021, calendar will surely remind you. All in all, it is not a problem to memorize it. The special occasion is held on November 15th. The date is fixed and it simultaneously means that you are free to join any year you would like to do it. Do you know how to celebrate it in a proper way? – Frankly speaking there is no a unique way to do it correctly. Some people prefer to discover something new about this medical problem. You can visit some particular lections, organized by the local medical institutions or numerous volunteers. However, you can look through the other sources of information. – Up to the present moment there have been many documentaries, books, magazines and internet articles about this illness. It is up to you to choose something special.
In our turn we propose you a wide list of the ideas helpful for those who are going to prevent the problem, as despite success in treatment, it is considered a serious illness. Preventive measures will help reduce the likelihood of developing and stay healthy in any weather:
- Avoid hypothermia and stress;
- Wash your hands with soap longer than 15-30 seconds, to remove microorganisms that can cause the illness;
- Do not smoke. Following the specialists, the breakdown products of nicotine damage the bronchi and lungs, reduce their resistance to respiratory infections.
- Protect the respiratory system. Inhalation of dust, potent chemicals is harmful to lung tissue.
- Try to give preference to food enriched with vitamins and microelements in food, monitor your weight.
- Do gymnastics. Breathing exercises (regular deep movements such as inhale-exhale, inflating balloons) are aimed at improving lung ventilation. By the way, it is used even in bedridden patients.
- Avoid contact with patients with influenza, other respiratory infections, measles, chickenpox. This medical problem can be a complication of these diseases.
- Ventilate the room regularly.
- Timely treat chronic foci of infection. Tonsillitis, carious teeth, infections in other organs are sources of pathogenic flora that can enter the lungs.
- Regularly undergo medical examinations, preventive examinations and fluorography.
- Do not forget about preventive vaccinations.
World Pneumonia Day Facts
Talking about the question “What is the date of Pneumonia Day in 2021?” we would like to introduce our readers some amazing pieces of information.
Today we want to remind you some important facts. Here is a list, which contains the main recommendations for the prevention of pneumonia:
- It is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle: engage yourself in physical education and sports, do not smoke or drink alcohol, take frequent walks in the fresh air. It is very important not to smoke in a room where a child or a person with a weakened immune system can be. Mind that passive smoking adversely affects the function of the bronchi and immunity.
- A healthy and nutritious diet is needed with a sufficient content of proteins, trace elements and vitamins. Regular daily diet should include fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, milk and dairy products.
- Before going outside when the weather is cold and during an increase of respiratory infections, a flu shot should be given, as pneumonia is often a complication of the flu. In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, it is a very severe condition and under some conditions can be even fatal.
- In the cold season, you need to dress following the temperature outside, avoid hypothermia and drafts.
- Observe the air and wet cleaning conditions in the premises.
- Wash hands and rinse nose as often as it is possible.
- During the period of the influenza increase, it is recommended to avoid contact with sick people, use a mask to protect the respiratory system, and refrain from visiting places with a large crowd of people.
- According to the doctor’s appointment, immunomodulating drugs are possible.
In addition it is necessary to remember: if you or your child are sick, you must not take the child to the kindergarten, school, not go to work, but consult a doctor. In serious condition, you must call a doctor at home.