Compliments are a very important component of communication between people. In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, it often happens that good words become prompt action and a decisive factor in some disputes between people. This is of common knowledge, however, can you answer the question “When is National Compliment Day in 2018?” without any additional information from our side? We are almost sure that the reply will be negative, that is why we are going to discover the situation in details.
Trying to find the answer for the matter what day World Compliment Day in 2018 is, we should mention the historical background of this event. We know this for sure but in the situation like this there is no much information to talk about.
This special occasion is considered to be relatively young and initially it was celebrated in 1998, so it happened just 20 years ago.
The holiday was established by two ladies, who were sure that this type of activity is not pleasant, but useful as well. And they were really true.
In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, the pleasant worlds are able to increase the individual’s self-esteem and to satisfy his/her need for positive emotions. All in all we can’t but mention that these kind things are also important for health, like vitamins and minerals.
A man who has not heard a kind word for a long time begins to become gloomy, and then no medicine will help, except for a kind word. These are the real magic words.
Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to discover why the establishers of this day chose exactly January 24th for its celebration.
What does National Compliment Day mean? – To tell you the truth, we are not able to give you an answer to this question. Why? – The matter is that we take the celebration of this special occasion as something personal or individual. In the modern world there are a lot of those, who are sure that the complements are nothing but odd phrases.
In our turn we would disagree with them. We are almost sure that it is necessary to behave in such a way, as the simple word motivates the men/women, and not vice versa.
The positive effect of compliments on a person is evident and obvious: from the raising the interlocutor’s mood and ending with the elimination of a problem that people could not solve for a long time.
Talking about the question “When is International Compliment Day 2018?”, would like to explain you some psychological moments.
The specialists are sure, it is very important to understand that the kind words is able to turn relationships into the necessary direction, thereby improving the presentation of your interlocutor about you.
But some people often confuse flattery and a good thing, because these two, at first glance, different concepts — are on the same border.
So, what is the difference between flattery and compliment? Do you know this for sure? – In accordance with the specialists’ points of view, flattery is an uncovered boast of certain abilities or dignity of a person. In practice such “compliments” are often given to the bosses. But this is not done to underline that the man has achieved something definite in life, but in order to achieve a proper arrangement, after all, we all love to hear beautiful words about ourselves. However, not always a portion of flattery will be able to produce the effect that was supposed to be.
Sometimes, on the contrary, it happens because people simply do not know how to choose the right words for flattery.
When is Compliment Day in 2018, calendar will surely remind you. As a rule, there are no problems concerning this matter. However, in the modern world not all people know how to celebrate January 24th properly.
Certainly, all of us know the power of this activity. With the help of the right thing, you can attract a person to your side, encourage him or her, cheer up. After all, it’s not at all difficult for us to say something pleasant to a man/woman, but for some reason we do it very rarely. In general it is the most powerful weapon. But do we possess this weapon and are we able to use it effectively? Let’s talk about this and talk about this direction and how to say these words properly.
Of course, the best way would be to share the pleasant words and to do it as much and as often as it is possible. But to say these words and to emphasize the bright, beautiful sides of the person, whom you want to do something pleasant, is a whole science. First of all, one of the main rules, this must be done sincerely, from the bottom of the heart.
The second thing is that these things must be said on time. For each gift, every surprise, there is a certain time, well, you just have to feel it. To begin with, determine which target you are pursuing, saying loudly good words to the man/woman.
International Compliment Day Facts
Discovering the question “What is the date of National Compliment Day 2018?” we can’t but mention some psychological moments, which are able to help to do this as properly as it is possible.
All in all there are several kinds of compliments, and all of them, in their own way, are interesting.
- Let’s start by talking about the most common method — direct compliments. It is quite easy to speak them, we just need to pay attention to what attracts us the most in a person. For example, «What beautiful hair do you have?» Or «How well you look!» The main thing, remember, do not specify the time when you tell somebody a compliment. For example, the phrase «How well you look today» can be misunderstood by a man/woman. At the same time do not say something unpleasant to a person. For example, the saying «You are so thin!» can be perceived not as a compliment, but as a mockery of the figure.
- There are also hidden compliments, where the general words are used: «You are such a fine fellow!», «You are the best», «You are just a smart girl». Saying such a compliment, we simultaneously praise somebody and on the other hand help ourselves to look better in his/her eyes.
- Compliment with humor, too, always comes to cheers. A person is always pleased to smile at the height of a day’s work, and if it is also a compliment, then you have success in your pocket. If you want to cheer up somebody and smile at you, you can just say «You’re such a smart girl, just like me. Humor is welcome if it is thin and appropriate. Remember this.
- Indirect way is best to say when you do not know the person’s reaction to what you say. A man or a woman an, for example, become embarrassed, blush, or somehow incorrectly react. In this case, you do not talk specifically about a man/woman, but speak about your feelings. For example, you can say «I feel good with you» or «I like to communicate with you». In this case, you will not make a person embarrassed and blush, but at the same time and express your attitude towards her or him.
- Praise without a special emotional coloring, which we say, as a normal matter, can easily be said by us and just as easily received by the interlocutor. For example, a car enthusiast can easily say «You have a great car! Have you bought for a long time? «Or, for example, a colleague at work can say» Fine work! It will help us in the future.» Such compliments are pleasant and do not oblige us for anything in the future.